Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Freshness in a jar


With summer quickly approaching I tend to try and find ways to have lighter meals. The heavy meals of winter don't quite work for the summer so I have to find ways to change that up.

Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE salad. While visiting other blogs and browsing through pinterest I noticed salads in a jar. I figured I would try it. Anything to help my lettuce last longer and to prevent my hard earned money from going down the drain.

Here are the simple easy steps:
1. Wash and dry the lettuce.
2. Once the lettuce is dry cut it up to your liking.
3. Put it in a mason jar and put the lid on it.
4. Store in the fridge (from my experience it lasts at least 2 weeks in the fridge like this)



Happy Eating!

*J*




No comments:

Post a Comment