Tuesday, March 20, 2012

DIY: T-Shirt Scarf


If you are like me, you are always trying to find fun and easy DIY projects to spruce up your home and wardrobe. In fact I'm also pretty confident that you have probably seen this scarf more than once on the internet. I promise though that this t-Shirt scarf is so easy that you will never throw away an old t-shirt again.

Supplies:
T-Shirt
Scissors 


Step One:
Cut the bottom hem off your shirt. As a side note cotton or jersey fabrics are the materials that work best. Put the hem aside for later.



Step Two:
Cut the t-shirt into one inch strips. You will cut all the way up to the armpit of the shirt. 


Step Three:
Once you have all your strips cut gather them up and start stretching the fabric. Once you do this the fabric will start to curl. The more you stretch the more the fabric will curl.



Step four:
Now you have one of two options you can either leave them separated or combine them on one end.
To combine them all you will have to do is cut the hem that you saved from the beginning and wrap it around the strips. Tie it in a knot around the strips then keep twisting it around until you are done. To finish it you will tie up the other end to one of the strips and you're done!



I have done quite a few of these and I like to keep them separated so I can mix and match if I want to. It's all about preference though! See, I told you it would be easy!

*J* 

No comments:

Post a Comment