Thursday, March 1, 2012

Homemade Pizza

If you are un-domestic goddess like myself you've probably never thought of making anything from scratch when you can just buy it from the store. Well let me tell you what, this recipe for homemade pizza dough is super easy and great for those arm workouts I never make it to the gym for. But I guess if you wanna be lazy and just buy pizza dough who am I to judge?


I originally got the recipe from this website and sometimes if i'm feeling spontaneous I will change up the recipe and use garlic salt instead of sea salt (this time I didn't though).


Instead of the tablespoon of active dry yeast I used an instant yeast packet from Fleischmanns.
I also stored mine in the fridge overnight and rolled it out the next night for pizza.


The first picture you see is when all the ingredients are mixed up in the bowl. Picture number two is after I kneaded it and then put it in a container to sit overnight. I covered the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge overnight to rise. A quick side note: don't wrap the bowl too tightly because the yeast will rise pretty high (which you can see in picture number 3)!


The last two pictures are before I decorated the pizza and after it came out of the oven. The nice thing about homemade pizza is you can put whatever ingredients you want on it! The sky is the limit here!



The original recipe says to cook it for something like 450 degrees but I cooked mine for 350 degrees for 20 minutes and it came out delicious! Now all you need is a good movie and you have dinner and a movie!
Enjoy!

*J*

No comments:

Post a Comment