Monday, May 28, 2012

Eats - Crab Salad Stuffed Eggs

I hope everyone had a fun and memorable Memorial Day weekend! I've enjoyed a fantastic 3 days off, including a family barbeque on saturday that included a wide array of food and other than the chips most of it was made by me. Many of the dishes were old family favorites, but I made a few twists on the original. Like these deviled eggs - instead of the traditional yolk filling, I made a really simple crab salad to stuff them with.



Its primarily imitation crab meat, and diced celery. I didn't want something with too much mayo since we were having the party outside, so this has the bare minimum I felt it needed to hold it together.


Crab Stuffed Deviled Eggs
(makes ~1 1/2 dozen)


9 eggs, hard boiled
2 stalk celery, diced
6 oz imitation crab meat, diced
~1/4 Cup Mayo (eyeball it as I mention above)
Spices to taste (onion powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper)


Cut eggs in half, discard yolks
Combine remaining ingredients for the crab salad
Stuff eggs with crab salad.


These eggs were a hit - I also made traditional deviled eggs, and one with added Sriracha for a spicy kick. They all got eaten in no time.


Do you have any traditional picnic foods? I'd love to hear your recipes!


-B-

No comments:

Post a Comment