Monday, February 13, 2012

Eats - Cherry Tomato Pasta Toss


 I thought I would present you with a simple but delicious pasta recipe. Two of my favorite foods are in this recipe, pasta & cheese. Yum Yum! You can't ever go wrong with a good pasta! This is such a simple recipe that you can easily make on a lazy day when you don't want a difficult recipe (which of course would defeat the point of a lazy day). 


The Ingredients you will need:

8 ounces of dried pasta (I think I used 12 ounces and it was just fine)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
4 gloves of garlic, thinly sliced (you don't want to be biting down on huge chunks of garlic)
1 package of Cherry Tomatoes, halved
3 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil (I didn't have basil so I just used some Italian seasoning)
Shredded Parmesan Cheese (optional but completely recommended)

Start by boiling the water. Once the water is done boiling add your pasta and cook according to the package directions. You can use any type of pasta that you want but I would suggest using some kind of string pasta (i.e. spaghetti, fettuccine).


While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and stir until golden. This will only take a couple of minutes so watch this because garlic burns quickly.


After cooking the garlic for a couple of minutes add in the tomatoes. Increase the heat to medium high and simmer until tomatoes are softened and juicy. You will start to see them shrivel up a little bit and that's when they are getting soft.
The last and final step is to stir in the pasta (make sure you drain the pasta before adding it) and basil or if you're like me, the Italian seasoning. Season the pasta with salt and pepper and cover with cheese. 

 Bon Appetit! As always feel free to let me know what you think about this meal. Thumbs up or thumbs down?

*J*

No comments:

Post a Comment